Last Chance: Mircea Lacatus's Angels Go North at Gallery RIVAA
Adding insight and depth to its own member exhibits, the Roosevelt Island Visual Art Association has expanded art awareness locally by staging exhibits of artwork by established artists from other nations.
Angels Go North, an exhibit of sculptures by Romanian born Mircea Lacatus, organized by the Romanian Cultural Institute in New York, in partnership with Gallery RIVAA, opened on November 5th. A cello recital by Ariana Arcu accompanied a reading of the artist's poetry in English by Adela Sinclair.
Lacatus is currently a guest professor at the University of Alabama in Huntsville.
You have two days left to see the show, today, November 26th and tomorrow, from 11:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m., both days.
Here is a gallery of photos by Tad Sudol from the opening.
Coming Up/Don't Miss Events
- March 29th, Cornell Tech Community Town Hall at Manhattan Park Theatre Club
- Continuing, Vernissage 16 at Gallery RIVAA Updated 1 week ago
- March 31st, April 1st, 2nd, "Sondheim On Sondheim" at MST&DA Updated 1 day ago
- March 29th, Motorgate Gallery Opening
- March 28th, Indivisible New York Meeting Updated 4 days ago
- April 8th/9th FDR Four Freedoms: Looking For a Few Good Volunteers
- April 1st, RIRA Announces Its Annual Easter Egg Hunt Updated 2 weeks ago
- Continuing, Piotr Olszewski, Photographer, at the Octagon Gallery
- March 30th, Rent Freeze NYC at Carter Burden/RI Senior Center Updated 1 week ago