Bill de Blasio: We can help you sign up for health insurance
When people have insurance they can see a doctor and deal with small problems before they become big ones. When people have insurance they know that an illness won’t leave them owing lots of money. That’s why we launched GetCoveredNYC, a team that works to get New Yorkers insured all year long.
There is free coverage available for some people. Others can find plans for as little as $20 a month. Call 929-252-8912 and we will put you in touch with someone who can help. Enroll online at nystateofhealth.ny.gov or dial 311 or text coverednyc to 877877 to find a location to enroll in person.
You may have heard President Trump or Republicans in Congress say they are going to end Obamacare. I can’t promise they won’t, but the best way for you to stop it is to sign up for insurance. Think of what it will do for you and your family. If you need insurance now, then you’ll have it for the rest of this year, maybe longer.
The Affordable Care Act has already changed the lives of 1.6 million New Yorkers, so talk to your friends, neighbors, and relatives and make sure everyone you know gets covered before Tuesday, January 31.
Coming Up/Don't Miss Events
- Continuing, Vernissage 16 at Gallery RIVAA Updated 3 days ago
- April 8th/9th FDR Four Freedoms: Looking For a Few Good Volunteers
- April 1st, RIRA Announces Its Annual Easter Egg Hunt Updated 1 week ago
- Continuing, Piotr Olszewski, Photographer, at the Octagon Gallery
- March 30th, Rent Freeze NYC at Carter Burden/RI Senior Center Updated 5 days ago
- March 29th, Cornell Tech Community Town Hall at Manhattan Park Theatre Club
- March 23rd, RI Parents' Network MoM Walk