Bill de Blasio: We can help you sign up for health insurance
When people have insurance they can see a doctor and deal with small problems before they become big ones. When people have insurance they know that an illness won’t leave them owing lots of money. That’s why we launched GetCoveredNYC, a team that works to get New Yorkers insured all year long.
There is free coverage available for some people. Others can find plans for as little as $20 a month. Call 929-252-8912 and we will put you in touch with someone who can help. Enroll online at nystateofhealth.ny.gov or dial 311 or text coverednyc to 877877 to find a location to enroll in person.
You may have heard President Trump or Republicans in Congress say they are going to end Obamacare. I can’t promise they won’t, but the best way for you to stop it is to sign up for insurance. Think of what it will do for you and your family. If you need insurance now, then you’ll have it for the rest of this year, maybe longer.
The Affordable Care Act has already changed the lives of 1.6 million New Yorkers, so talk to your friends, neighbors, and relatives and make sure everyone you know gets covered before Tuesday, January 31.
Coming Up/Don't Miss Events
- April 29, Annual Cherry Blossom Festival at FDR Four Freedoms Park Updated 2 hours ago
- April 28th to 30th, Is Roosevelt Island "Almost Maine?"
- April 30th, Springtime Cherry Blossom Walk, Roosevelt Island Historical Society
- Tuesdays, New York Road Runner Striders at CBN/RI Senior Center
- April 29, Gerald Starlight on Japanese Shakuhachi Flute for Cherry Blossom Festival Updated 1 week ago
- Continuing: Ioan Popoiu's "Phantom of the Holographic Wakes" Gallery RIVAA Updated 3 days ago
- Extended: Piotr Olszewski, Photographer, at the Octagon Gallery
Get Alerts & Updates Twice Weekly in Your Email
What We're Reading Now
- At RIOC Board, 3 At Lasts! and 1 Not Again...
- File Under "Lucky to Live Here": Friday When the Subway Went Down
- Ioan Popoiu: Refugee Finds Freedom as American Artist
- FDR Four Freedoms Park Updates
- April 29, Annual Cherry Blossom Festival at FDR Four Freedoms Park
- April 29, Gerald Starlight on Japanese Shakuhachi Flute for Cherry Blossom Festival
- Sportspark Pool Set to Complete Reopening on May 1st
- With Cornell Tech, the Future Reaches Into Roosevelt Island's Past
- RIOC Nominating Elections Fail Bigly. Huge Loss for Common Council
- What's Up at the Senior Center?