Your Turn To Stand Up To Trump
Thank Roy Eaton for alerting The Daily to a Teletownhall meeting being hosted by Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney, tomorrow (February 16th) form 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Maloney has taken intense heat from Roosevelt Islanders and others in her district for attending the Trump inaugural and otherwise normalizing the current administration.
To register to participate in the telephone only event, register by clicking here. Hear Maloney out, but make sure she hears you, too.
On Monday, you also have a chance to make your voice heard by coming out for a Not My President's Day Rally from Noon to 4:00 p.m. at Columbus Circle.
Organizers have gotten a permit for a peaceful rally, not a march. Join 11,000 plus already confirmed on Facebook by clicking here to say you'll attend. Or just show up and be counted.
Their statement of purpose:
"Donald Trump stands against the progress we have worked hard to enact. He does not represent our interests. He was voted in by a minority of the American public but governs as if there's no resistance. But there is -- and on February 20th, we will honor previous presidents by exercising our constitutional right to assemble and peacefully protest everything Donald Trump stands for."
Coming Up/Don't Miss Events
- March 2nd, RIHS Presents "North Brother Island: The Last Unknown Place in NYC Updated 1 day ago
- Continuing, Robert Kippur: A New York Outsider at Gallery RIVAA Updated 2 weeks ago
- Continuing, Special Reception, for Owen Miracle Maselli's An African Winter Updated 3 days ago
Stories about winning by losing....
Get Alerts & Updates Twice Weekly in Your Email
Because the world is full of illusions...
Popular This Week
- Did you hear the one about how RIRA's going to elect RIOC Board Members?
- Rosenthal Guides RIOC Board Through Tough Issues
- Mark Your Calendars: Roy Eaton Free Concert "I Remember Mama"
- Rally Round, Roosevelt Islanders - Let's Help Local Businesses
- From the Parents' Network to the Senior Center, Roosevelt Island Celebrates Love