Your Turn To Stand Up To Trump
Thank Roy Eaton for alerting The Daily to a Teletownhall meeting being hosted by Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney, tomorrow (February 16th) form 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Maloney has taken intense heat from Roosevelt Islanders and others in her district for attending the Trump inaugural and otherwise normalizing the current administration.
To register to participate in the telephone only event, register by clicking here. Hear Maloney out, but make sure she hears you, too.
On Monday, you also have a chance to make your voice heard by coming out for a Not My President's Day Rally from Noon to 4:00 p.m. at Columbus Circle.
Organizers have gotten a permit for a peaceful rally, not a march. Join 11,000 plus already confirmed on Facebook by clicking here to say you'll attend. Or just show up and be counted.
Their statement of purpose:
"Donald Trump stands against the progress we have worked hard to enact. He does not represent our interests. He was voted in by a minority of the American public but governs as if there's no resistance. But there is -- and on February 20th, we will honor previous presidents by exercising our constitutional right to assemble and peacefully protest everything Donald Trump stands for."
Coming Up/Don't Miss Events
- March 29th, Cornell Tech Community Town Hall at Manhattan Park Theatre Club
- Continuing, Vernissage 16 at Gallery RIVAA Updated 1 week ago
- March 31st, April 1st, 2nd, "Sondheim On Sondheim" at MST&DA Updated 1 day ago
- March 29th, Motorgate Gallery Opening
- March 28th, Indivisible New York Meeting Updated 4 days ago
- April 8th/9th FDR Four Freedoms: Looking For a Few Good Volunteers
- April 1st, RIRA Announces Its Annual Easter Egg Hunt Updated 2 weeks ago
- Continuing, Piotr Olszewski, Photographer, at the Octagon Gallery
- March 30th, Rent Freeze NYC at Carter Burden/RI Senior Center Updated 1 week ago