Cornell Tech Announces a Town Hall Community Update
In October, last year, we reported on a press briefing that Cornell Tech offered at its temporary location in Google's Chelsea New York headquarters. The dynamics were all in place for the realization of a world class, potentially game-changing hybrid campus that was less than a year away.
Like the good neighbor they intend to be, Cornell Tech carried on with presentations at task force meetings with the Roosevelt Island Community Coalition, those as much involved with the nitty-gritty of operations as with visions of introducing a new age of business, government and academic cooperation.
Now, they are inviting Roosevelt Islanders to a community oriented, town hall style meeting, a get acquainted update aimed at building relationships between soon to be neighbors.
The meeting will be held from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. on March 29th at the Manhattan Park Theatre Club, 8 River Road. Everyone's invited. What can you expect as topics?
- Academic programs
- Administrative updates
- Campus operations in preparation for the move from Chelsea to Roosevelt Island (security, open space plan, makeup and function of each building)
- Final Phase 1 construction update
- K-12 and community engagement
Mark your calendars and plan to arrive early. This is expected to be an SRO event.
Coming Up/Don't Miss Events
- April 29, Annual Cherry Blossom Festival at FDR Four Freedoms Park Updated 2 hours ago
- April 28th to 30th, Is Roosevelt Island "Almost Maine?"
- April 30th, Springtime Cherry Blossom Walk, Roosevelt Island Historical Society
- Tuesdays, New York Road Runner Striders at CBN/RI Senior Center
- April 29, Gerald Starlight on Japanese Shakuhachi Flute for Cherry Blossom Festival Updated 1 week ago
- Continuing: Ioan Popoiu's "Phantom of the Holographic Wakes" Gallery RIVAA Updated 3 days ago
- Extended: Piotr Olszewski, Photographer, at the Octagon Gallery
Get Alerts & Updates Twice Weekly in Your Email
What We're Reading Now
- At RIOC Board, 3 At Lasts! and 1 Not Again...
- File Under "Lucky to Live Here": Friday When the Subway Went Down
- Ioan Popoiu: Refugee Finds Freedom as American Artist
- FDR Four Freedoms Park Updates
- April 29, Annual Cherry Blossom Festival at FDR Four Freedoms Park
- April 29, Gerald Starlight on Japanese Shakuhachi Flute for Cherry Blossom Festival
- Sportspark Pool Set to Complete Reopening on May 1st
- With Cornell Tech, the Future Reaches Into Roosevelt Island's Past
- RIOC Nominating Elections Fail Bigly. Huge Loss for Common Council
- What's Up at the Senior Center?