Cornell Tech Announces a Town Hall Community Update
In October, last year, we reported on a press briefing that Cornell Tech offered at its temporary location in Google's Chelsea New York headquarters. The dynamics were all in place for the realization of a world class, potentially game-changing hybrid campus that was less than a year away.
Like the good neighbor they intend to be, Cornell Tech carried on with presentations at task force meetings with the Roosevelt Island Community Coalition, those as much involved with the nitty-gritty of operations as with visions of introducing a new age of business, government and academic cooperation.
Now, they are inviting Roosevelt Islanders to a community oriented, town hall style meeting, a get acquainted update aimed at building relationships between soon to be neighbors.
The meeting will be held from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. on March 29th at the Manhattan Park Theatre Club, 8 River Road. Everyone's invited. What can you expect as topics?
- Academic programs
- Administrative updates
- Campus operations in preparation for the move from Chelsea to Roosevelt Island (security, open space plan, makeup and function of each building)
- Final Phase 1 construction update
- K-12 and community engagement
Mark your calendars and plan to arrive early. This is expected to be an SRO event.
Coming Up/Don't Miss Events
- Continuing, Vernissage 16 at Gallery RIVAA Updated 3 days ago
- April 8th/9th FDR Four Freedoms: Looking For a Few Good Volunteers
- April 1st, RIRA Announces Its Annual Easter Egg Hunt Updated 1 week ago
- Continuing, Piotr Olszewski, Photographer, at the Octagon Gallery
- March 30th, Rent Freeze NYC at Carter Burden/RI Senior Center Updated 5 days ago
- March 29th, Cornell Tech Community Town Hall at Manhattan Park Theatre Club
- March 23rd, RI Parents' Network MoM Walk